At Urban Classic Prom this Saturday, not only do we have artists such as Fazer, Wretch32, Maverick Sabre, Jacob Banks, Laura Mvula and Lady Leshurr performing, we also have young performers on stage!
Here you can see who they are:
- Singer from Luton
- Inspired by people like James Arthur
- Loves performing, especially in musicals at school and her local youth group
- Likes Soul and R&B
- Currently producing her EP
- Trying to get involved with the council to go into schools and encourage them to take part in acting and singing.
- Rapper and singer from Tottenham, London
- Loves urban music
- Keen to show that stereotypes of rioting and violence in her community are not always true.
- Believes Classical music is calming but boring at the same time and would be better with an urban touch.
Sin Seer, 21
- Rapper from Manchester
- Often takes part in MC battles
- Produces honest lyrics about his lifestyle
- Believes he is one of very few Asian rappers on the scene.
- Rapper, singer and beatboxer from Manchester and London
- Strong minded, opinionated and confident
- Still exploring her style as an artist
- She listens to Gospel, Hip Hop, 90s RNB, Funky House and Dubstep.
- Loves freestyling
- Currently studying music and sociology at university.
- Believes Classical music would sound better with Rap added to it.
- Plays the Guitar, Mandolin and Hulisi, from London/Portsmouth
- Goes to a music college
- Black belt in Karate
- Feels that Classical music is boring and leaves him feeling emotionless.
- Singer, guitarist and drummer from Wiltshire
- Care-worker for the elderly
- Taught him self to play the Guitar through YouTube videos.
- Started his musical journey at the age of 11.
- Would like to collaborate with all sorts of artists.
- Classical music isn’t really his thing but would like to learn more and create a piece to perform to his patients.
- Rapper from London/Hounslow
- Grown up around music as his uncle was a DJ in Jamaica.
- Planning to finish his studies in music production at college.
- Good at writing poetry so turned them into lyrics
- Doesn’t think Classical music is for people in his generation, doesn’t understand music without words.
Make sure you get tickets to see these young performers at Urban Classic Prom on the 10th August, 8-10pm at the Royal Albert Hall. £5 promming tickets are available at the door!